Tuesday, October 14, 2008

My first post

I have finally decided to take the first step towards professional photography (well, the second step, with the first being to actually learn to take nice photos - I'm still working towards that but I feel I am improving everyday, but I digress) and get myself a blog. If you have found my blog you either searched for something photography related or are one of my wonderful and supportive friends who I expect to stalk my blog and tell me constantly how wonderful I am (hehe just kidding)!!

So now for a little about me. My name is Denise and I am an aspiring photographer in the Pittsburgh are. Right now I am portfolio building which translates to learning everything I can about photography and practicing one anyone that will stand or sit still long enough for me to take their picture lol. My adorable 2 year old son is my most common victim and you will be seeing lots of him, but I am always wanting new models to practice on so feel free to volunteer yourself or your kids to my cause =0)

I shoot with a Canon Rebel XTi. I am still searching for the perfect name for my camera, which is like my second baby! In addition to being obsessed with photography, I am also a name fanatic and not only do I feel compelled to name everything, I also put an unreasonable amount of thought into the names. Check back often to find out what the final decision will be =0)

My "slogan" (for lack of a better word) for my soon-to-be photography biz is "capturing life's sweetest memories" and it is realy fitting for what I do. I am all about documenting things and savoring the moments that matter in life. In addition to photography, I also do digital scrapbooking and deisign cards, invitations, and announcements. Check back in the coming weeks for some different Holiday card designs that I plan to work on, and be prepared to see random scrapbook LOs whenever I feel like sharing them. =0)

I hope you will continue to visit my blog and get to know me as well as let me get to know you =0)



<3 Denise

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the blog world! Your photos of Nico are amazing, so I can't wait to watch you grow. You rock Denise.

C Lynnfrazier Photography said...

following you haha, my blog is crap compared to yours, but its funny how Im friends with your friends and we both r like 10 mins from each other and have lil boys and love photography, glad I am not the only photo nerd as my fiance calls me haha